Compostable Products From BioFlexx
Compostable plastic is a great novelty in the world market, created to replace obsolete and environmentally hazardous petroleum-based plastic. BioFlexx is engaged in the production of compostable products of any type. We are the manufacturer and wholesaler of biodegradable plastic with delivery services worldwide. Our company produces bulk quantities of BPI-certified compostable bags, compostable bin liners, compostable gloves, compostable agricultural films, and compostable tableware.
Government Actions to Ban Single-Use Plastics
According to National Geographic, only 9% of plastics are recycled, leaving 91% of them unrecycled. The impact of disposal of single-use plastics has been an issue of concern, as these products take hundreds of years to decompose into dangerous residuals referred to as microplastics. With millions of single-use plastics being produced and thrown away daily, a report by the World Economic Forum highlighted that plastics will exceed the fish count in the oceans by 2050. As a result, governments in various jurisdictions have acted to ban single-use plastics.
6 Worst Single-Use Plastics in 2021
Single-use plastics account for a staggering 40% of the total plastics consumed. The rate at which this type of plastic is used is alarming. According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), approximately 353 million tons of plastics were produced in 2019. With these disturbing statistics in mind, the world is heading in the wrong direction in curbing the risks of single-use plastics unless we take necessary actions. Luckily, BioFlexx offers compostable eco-plastic that decomposes in under 6 months in an industrial compost facility. Ordering compostable products in bulk from BioFlexx is one way you can start saving the world from the cruelty of single-use plastics.
Let’s dive into the 6 worst single-use plastics as of 2021 and how we can help you make a better decision for beloved mother nature.
Difference between Compostable and Biodegradable Plastic
People often confuse compostable and biodegradable plastic. In short, all compostable plastic is biodegradable, but not vice versa. Sounds a bit confusing, right? Several variables distinguish compostable plastic from biodegradable plastic. Those factors include the type of components left after decomposition, how they decompose, and adherence to industry standards. Keep reading to learn the key factors that differentiate the two types of plastic.
Dangers of a Single-Use Plastic
According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), more than 353 million tons of plastic was disposed of globally in 2019. Out of this amount of waste, only about 9% is recycled, implying that a significantly larger percentage of it ends up in landfills. This type of plastic is considered single-use since it is neither reused nor recycled. Plastics can take hundreds of years to decompose, making them more dangerous to the environment. This is because they decompose significantly slower than their disposal rate. Luckily, BIOFLEXX is here with fully compostable and eco-friendly bioplastics.